Chef #606(Permanent Full-Time)
As a Chef you will be incharge of planning meals for the site and will be responsible for ensuring that all kitchen equipment is functional. You will be incharge of preparing & serving meals. Being responsible for handling the flow of the kitchen and meeting the standards of food safe practices and site standards, making sure the supplies are stocked, all workstations are kept clean, dishes are always washed after the use and organized all the time during your shift.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Plan all site meals (nutritional standards)
- Assess needed food and meals supplies and place all food orders within the approved budget. Responsible for all inventory tracking systems. Coordinate with food distributors, and other charities.
- Maintain organized kitchen/storage space. Cleanliness maintained to Community Builders, Vancouver Coastal Health and Food Safe standards.
- Prep/Cook/Serve all food for the site.
- Provide guidance and assistance to staff to serve residents on weekends within approved food safe policies and established work procedures.
- Enforce cleanliness of food service areas and that standard food safe practices are being followed by all involved staff.
- Miscellaneous tasks when required: pick ups, running errands, other jobs as required
Education, Training & Experience
- Grade 10, plus graduation from a program in institutional or residential quantity cooking
- One (1) year recent related experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Food safe
Skills & Abilities
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, exercise initiative and good judgment
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients, staff and management and collateral service providers.
- Ability to instruct.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to follow established policies and procedures.
APPLY BY: October 16, 2023 by 4pm
APPLY TO: email@example.com
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT: ____________________________________________
INITIALS: ____________ Date: _________________________
This position is open to all qualified individuals and requires membership in the Union. The successful applicant is not required to operate their own vehicle for performing the duties of the position.